Science Family Fun Day - Saturday, 23rd March 2013, Wick Assembly Rooms, 12 noon to 4.30pm - FREE entry
As part of the 2013 Caithness International Science Festival, Science O3 is again hosting a public Science Family Fun Day at Wick Assembly Rooms from 12 noon to 4.30pm.
There will be shows from Mr Bug, Bubble Strings and Glasgow Science Centre's "Blood, Bile and Body Bits" as well as displays and demonstrations including:
- UHI's Robotic Arm - test your skill against the robot!
- British Science Association's Caithness Branch - LEGO Mindstorms and K'nex modelling
- Solar observing and astronomy activities with the Caithness Astronomy Group
- The science of weather with Caithness Weather's Paula Fisher and John Dawes
- Hands-on activities and displays with Highland Council's Countryside Rangers
- What's happening at Dounreay with the DSRL team's display
- The rich scientific history of Caithness with Caithness Archives
- The Bumblebee Conservation Trust's information on what you can do to help the bees!
- Balloon buggies and plenty of crafty science with Shell Education Services
- Magnets and electricity kits with the Caithness branch of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- The portable museum of curiosity (plus a built in board game to try!) by Joanne Kaar and Caithness Horizons
- Displays from the RSPB's centre at Forsinard
- Things to make and find out about with Whale and Dolphin Conservation
- The latest in digital and timelapse photography with the Wick Camera Club
- Gaming technology in the Wick Youth Club's chill-out zone!
Local school teams will also be competing in the Science Olympics, with displays of the work students have been doing in class on science and maths.